FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
alco sound pack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ValleyPass Club Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobgfla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: alco sound pack Reply with quote

after over a year got a new computer and have to start all over again . got many blw packs but cant get the maybrook sound to go into the maybrook set put it in sound put it in trainset still don,t work . any help would be great thanks bobgfla
Gaetan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange , work fine here,

1- have you check your sliders in MSTS , you need to setup at top ?
2- have you conbuilders for check missing files ?
3- have you same problems in OR ?

Gaetan
BLW

greg_davies

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a couple ideas. 1 - Look in the .eng file and see where the sound files folder is being looked for. 2 - Make sure the folder name is spelled correctly. 3 - Make sure the folder for the sound files has the .sms files for the engine and cab, plus other .sms files as required. 4 - Check the .sms file to be sure the correct number of Streams are present.

If you are using OR, and I strongly suggest you give it a try, there should be a log file and in that file it should indicate where OR is looking and cannot find the folder or .sms file.

Don't worry, most of us have missed one or more of these at any given time.

Greg
bobgfla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: now have no sound Reply with quote

put the whole sound pack into general t s then it head the arrow to download the maybrook into maybrook se t. well now have no sound not even the 539 sound that was stock . no horn eather so redownlasded the maybrook set and yes to overight but still no sound....... the maybrook cover says its a update to org . sound set same one I bought around 2008 and worked befor . in the pass . any ideas ???
Gaetan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have not respond at this question Bob

1- have you check your sound sliders in MSTS , you need to setup at top ?
2- have you conbuilders for check missing files ?
3- have you same problems in OR ?

4- Have you reinstall the alco sound pack ?
5- Have you use the maybrook setup for the Alco sound pack available at my utilities page ?
http://www.valleypass.com/Sales/Sound.htm

Gaetan
BLW

bobgfla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o k no I have not but will try doing it tonight put in b and m pack ran the b and m squre in sound pack and lost all sound in b and m pack to will work on it tonight thanks
conductorchris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that the simplest way to troubleshoot this is to look at the .eng files to see what the expected path to the sound files is and then look for that file. Sometimes you can find a mistake that way which is obvious, such as the sound folder is not in the right spot (within another folder?). It could be many things, but most likely is the sound folders aren't there or aren't where they are supposed to be.
Christopher
bobgfla

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject: again did the same Reply with quote

I have uninstalled msts because I messed it up and it would not load being vary careful I reinstalled it. I've slowly put things back in did put sliders to full do not have conbuilter to check it but have rrer so still have my fervent loco the rs-3 with no sound in b and m pack did not do the maybrook set as at least I can run them with org sound . im using old files off of c ds mabe the sound files are broken
Gaetan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the train packs is installed in this default folders , is it what you have ?

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\TRAINS\Trainset

and all the alco sound pack files is in this default folder ?

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\TRAINS\Trainset\Common.Snd\BLW\Alco

conductorchris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But note that the paths Gaetan cited will not work for windows 7 and higher, they are the default for the original windows XP installation. See the special installation instructions at steam4me.net for more details.

I would be willing to help via telephone if you have time during the day. You send send the details via a private message.

Christopher
bobgfla

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok now I've got the black screen fixed do to bad install of x tracks I am using a dell xp witch I bought off e bay with game card every route ive put in now works great but the sound files are on old 2008 cds and I think that's the problem . I retried the b and m pack and now my rs-3s have no sound but maybrook is o k with factory sounds I think I will need a new one from geatun will work more on this next week thanks for the reply's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ValleyPass Club Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: